Copper Mountain Winter 2018/2019 Ski Patrol Volunteer
To provide for and ensure a reasonably safe skiing environment for our guests and fellow employees. To provide medical assistance and evacuation, skier safety, search and rescue support, trail efforts, lift evacuation, duty station responsibilities, equipment maintenance, and other assigned duties. Each task requires a high level of decision making. Basic computer skills, EMT-B, American Heart Association CPR and strong alpine skiing skills are minimum requirements.
- Mountaineering skills preferred with and technical rope experience.
- Industry experience, i.e. ski instructor, lift operator, trail crew also preferred, but not necessary
- Must be able to lift and carry toboggans weighing as much as 70 lbs.
- Other tasks include skiing in difficult conditions, volunteering in cold and often inclement conditions, high elevations, carrying and transporting unwieldy materials such as tower pads, medical equipment, etc. No current physical limitations.
- Ability to volunteer in high altitude adverse cold weather environmental conditions.
- Must be able to hear and speak clearly in order to hear beacon signals and skiers requesting assistance, and for communication to occur using radios and telephones.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Previous patrolling experience, previously employed by Copper Mountain, mountaineering such as Outward Bound, or experience within the medical field.
- Basic computers skills, ACLS certification, EMT-P, technical rope experience.
- EMT-B, American Heart Association CPR, and strong alpine skiing background are minimum requirements, Mountaineering background.
- Industry experience, i.e. ski instructor, lift op, trail crew.
Copper Mountain Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now! To be considered for this position, please submit an online application at http://www.coppercolorado.com/jobs.