NSP SEEKS STAFF ACCOUNTANT (02/08/17)
Exciting opportunity in the finance department of the National Ski Patrol, a 78-year-old nonprofit organization with a convenient location in Lakewood, Colorado, close to the RTD light rail station. Gain valuable experience while working in a casual and flexible work environment with great benefits.
The National Ski Patrol is a nonprofit member-driven professional organization of registered ski patrols striving to be recognized as the premier provider of training and education programs for emergency rescuers serving the outdoor recreation community. To meet that goal and promote the safe enjoyment of snow sports enthusiasts, NSP supports its members through accredited education and training in leadership, outdoor emergency care, safety programs, and transportation services.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for various accounting functions, including accounts payable and accounts receivable. The Staff Accountant will be a full-time, non-exempt position and will report directly to the controller.
- Responsible for all accounts payable and completing weekly check run and ACH payments
- Assist Registration Specialist in analyzing and recording dues
- Assist Catalog department in managing and streamlining inventory in QuickBooks
- Perform account reconciliations, and analysis, and journal entries
- Analyze and manage sponsorship contracts; invoice on a monthly basis
- Track accounts receivable and collect on outstanding receivables
- Record donations; process acknowledgement letters
- Assist with month-end procedures
- Assist with annual financial audits
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or commensurate work experience
- QuickBooks experience preferred, especially for nonprofits
- Advanced Excel and general computer skills
- Familiarity with inventory management a plus
- Familiarity with sales tax administration a plus
- Positive attitude with willingness to take on special projects
- High energy and ability to multi-task in a busy work environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Apply by emailing resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Kari Power, HR Manager, at email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.