NSP Everyday Heroes Photo Contest Rules and Regulations
- The contest is only open to patrollers.
- Patrollers must be 18 years of age to participate.
- Only the photographer can submit his or her images. Images may not be submitted by a third party on behalf of the photographer.
- All images must be submitted through the official NSP Flickr Everyday Heroes Photo Contest Submissions page.
- Photos may be submitted by photographers from any registered patrol within the NSP, whether in the U.S. or a foreign country.
- When submitting a photo, you must also submit the photographer's name, NSP member number, and category the photo is submitted for.
- All required information (see above) must be submitted with the entry on the Flickr page to be considered.
- Upon request, photographers must include a model release for all photographs submitted.
- Failure to provide such a release upon request may result in disqualification.
- Inappropriate submissions will disqualify the photographer from the contest.
- All decisions by judges are final.
- Photographers acknowledge that the photos submitted to NSP for the contest will become part of NSP’s photo portfolio. By submitting the photos, the photographer agrees that NSP and the contest sponsors can use the photo(s) in marketing, advertising, and web materials with no further compensation to the photographer.
- Photographers must own all rights to any photographs entered in the contest. By submitting an image, the photographer represents and warrants that such submission does not infringe upon any third-party rights or other rights protected by law.
Submissions must be made between January 1, 2013 and April 15, 2013. Photos submitted outside this period will not be considered.
To submit photos for the contest, go to Flickr and click "Sign In" in the upper right corner. Enter the Yahoo! ID nspphotos and the password, which is 75Years. Click "Upload Photos & Videos" from the right hand side of the screen, then click "Choose photos and videos." Select the photos you want to upload from your computer, and make sure under "Owner settings" on the left side of the page that "Visible to Everyone" is green. Next, add a description by clicking "add a description" link. Please have the description include a photo title, your name and member number, and the contest category you would like the photo considered for. Then click "Add to a Set" and click "2013 Everyday Heroes Photo Contest Submissions." A green check mark should appear; click "Done." Finally, click "Upload Photo" on the right hand side of the page and wait for the photo or video to upload. You are done! Good luck!
- Photos must be submitted in one of the FOUR categories.
- Videos must be submitted in one of the TWO categories.
- Photographers may submit a maximum of THREE photos or videos per category.
- Photographers may not submit the same image to more than one category.
- Once a photograph has been submitted, it is final and may not be replaced by another photograph.
- Due to server capacities, we suggest submitting in advance of the deadline to avoid dropouts.
- Videos take longer to upload than photos. Be sure you allow the video to fully upload; if it is uploading still, "Yploadibng
- First prize in each category: A GoPro helmet camera.
- Second prize in each category: A Patagonia layering piece
- Images shot on film or digital media will be accepted. All film prints and transparencies must be drum scanned at high resolution and delivered digitally. No prints will be accepted. Videos can be either standard definition or high definition.
IMAGE FILES/FORMAT FOR SUBMISSION
- Online submission format: JPG
- Photos must be at least two megabytes, with a maximum file size of 20 megabytes.
- Images should have at least 200 pixels per inch, or a JPEG resolution of 2240 x 1680. Generally, this is equivalent to a four megapixel camera at its highest resolution setting.
- Cell phone images are discouraged, because the resolution is generally not high enough.
- There will be five judges for this contest.
- Contest judges will base their decisions on a mix of composition, creativity, impact, artistic flair, and overall qualities of photographic excellence.